We have just released the new version of the engine (2014081 - see the Downloads), that has the following features:
- supports compression – when the ENA is saved with Enable Author it will be automatically compressed (and decompressed on the fly, in memory, upon opening)
- supports PB 9 to 12.6 (and Appeon web as usual)
- supports the new ENA format, that contains reports and repository tables (requires Reporting Studio to edit them)
- has a new simplified structure
This engine is part of Enable 6.0 release that will also contain:
- Support for compression: ENA files will be automatically compressed when saved
- Support for XLSX format for export/import translations
- Simplified activation key process, with on-line processing (e-mail activation will be available)
- New Designer, with several fixes and improvements
- Support for longer context names
The engine 6 is released and can be used in production.
Enable 6.0 will enter beta in about a week time, and will be released during December 2014.