This release starts a new cycle of maintenance for Enable Tools. We have revised most of the source code and documentation, aligned the tools to the latest Appeon PowerBuilder versions, and killed a few nasty animals down the road :) (bugs only!) Enable Development is now an Appeon Consulting Partner, and will follow closely the PowerBuilder evolutions.
Main changes in this Enable 2017R2 release:
In order to follow the now frequent PowerBuilder releases, the Engine has been reorganized in the following way:
- Compiled with PB2017 R2, code refactored
- Revised the Setup program
- Improved synchronized navigation between contexts, source phrases and translations
- Improved support for RTL languages
- Documentation revision
- Several bug fixes
- Restructured the Engine (while keeping the API 100% compatible with previous versions)
Please see the release notes before installing the new release, that can be installed side-by-side with the previous versions and requires a new key.
- The engine is deployed in two versions:
- a CURRENT version of the engine (code: 2018061) supports just Appeon PowerBuilder (2017, 2017R2, 2017R3)
- a PREVIOUS version of the engine (code: 2017061) supports all PB versions 9-12.6 and 2017
- if you are using Appeon PB, it is recommended to use the CURRENT version; if you are still using an older (now unsupported) PB version, you must use the PREVIOUS version
- the CURRENT and PREVIOUS version are currently 100% compatible; however as PowerBuilder evolves, the CURRENT version will embrace changes quickly due to its new internal structure (we have a code generator, a compiler-compiler, a code obfuscator and an automatic build procedure). The PREVIOUS version will not be updated unless needed (on a case-by-case basis)
Please get in touch if you need any help.
Thanks and kind regards,