SAP has just publicly released PB 12.6, and so we are preparing for Enable 6.0 release. You can already use Enable obfuscated engine with PB12.6 - just migrate it with the rest of the application to PB12.6.
This is our plan:
- The engine with PB12.6 support will be released soon. This will support PB12.6 (32-bit only), but not ENA compression (a new engine will be released later on)
- Reporting Studio 2014 will be released next week, and Enable 6.0 will follow, by end of October 2014.
- Support for PB12.6 - 32 bits only
- New version of the Excel export format, that removes the row number limitation that we had in the past
- Improvements on Designer, and new (small) improvements to make editing smoother for end users (and the new Graph plugin)
- Designer will not be shared with other tools (Customization Studio and Reporting Studio), to make updates smoother
- New engine, supporting all the new features of Reporting Studio; this is a technology update, but basically allows Enable users to use reports created by Reporting Studio by using the same engine and the same ENA file
- ENA file automatic compression (can be disabled)
Thanks and kind regards, GLDB